If you have a car accident there are a few things you need to do to make sure you are protected. Once an accident happens it is important to know what to do.
- Does anyone need urgent medical care
- If possible do not move vehicles unless it is causing a problem with traffic. If possible wait for the police before anything is moved.
- Contact the Police – it is important to make sure there is an accident report.
- Limit discussion of accident, stick to facts and not admit any fault or liability. You should only talk about the accident with policy, medical professionals and your insurance representative.
- Get the facts of the accident –
- Get a list of names, addresses, and phone numbers of everyone involved in the accident including any witnesses.
- A description of the car, vin #, and a license plate number and be sure to obtain their insurance company information.
- As soon as you can be sure to note what happened
- Be sure to include date and time of the accident, direction you were traveling, direction the other car was traveling. Make notes of the driving conditions.
- Take photos for your records if possible of vehicles involved and the scene.
- Contact your insurance agent or insurance company.
- When filing a car accident your claim your insurance agent or the person at your insurance company will walk you through with filing your claim after and accident.
These are just a few tips to help protect you in case of an accident.